Acomprehensive diagnostic examination is performed to evaluate the presenting problem with attention to its physical, genetic, developmental, emotional, cognitive, and social components. At Achieve Medical Center we recognize that each patient has his or her own unique individual set of circumstances, and we utilize all of the diagnostic tools at our disposal in order to compile a complete and accurate diagnosis evaluation. These tools may include:
- Detailed diagnostic interview(s) with the patient and parent/significant other
- Review of medical history including medications, medical illnesses, and a comprehensive medical assessment when indicated (ie. lab work, EKG, EEG, MRI,etc.)
- Review of previous testing, evaluations, school/IEP reports, medical and psychiatric records
- YouScript DNA testing for drug sensitivities, when indicated
- Coordination with pediatricians/primary care physicians and therapists. All coordination is only done with full written consent
- Collaborative information from teachers, school, psychologist, therapists
- Review, explanation, and discussion of all diagnoses
What To Expect At A Psych Evaluation
The treatment plan may involve a combination of individual psychotherapy, medication management, yoga, nutrition consult, working with a personal trainer, family meetings, group therapy, marital therapy, or play therapy for children as agreed on by the patient or his/her family member. After this is completed, we are able to begin the psychiatric diagnosis evaluation.
Schedule A Consultation
To schedule a consultation, please contact us online, or call us today at (858) 427-5060.