What can your patients expect from you as a provider? As a patient, you can expect an ally, confidant, motivator, cheerleader, mentor, role model, and problem solver among many other services that will assist in their recovery.
What makes you different as a provider? One of the things I hear a lot as I work in this field is clients saying that the counseling and/or therapist can not tell them anything because they may not have had their experience (though I know that is not true). I bring some of the same experience with me over because I once was a client, so I come from an experimental standpoint!
How would you describe your family? My family would be described as supportive.
What sort of interests or hobbies do you have?
- I have interest in being a motivational speaker so that I can speak hope to the hopeless.
- Fitness and weightlifting
Can you recommend five resources for your patients?
- Recovery support.
- Building trust of others.
- Reaching out to and being around new people.
- Changing the places they frequent.
- Becoming involved in recovery activities.